The Throwbot® XT enhances combat effectiveness and protects warfighters without materially increasing the burden on soldiers.
Weighing just 1.2 lbs, the Throwbot XT can be thrown into any environment, day or night, to provide warfighters with immediate situational awareness. By transmitting real-time video and audio reconnaissance to the warfighters’ operator control unit, the Throwbot XT not only saves lives but also increases the success of the mission by quickly identifying hidden threats and revealing the presence of innocent civilians. These stealthy reconnaissance robots can be thrown up to 120 feet (36m) and play a critical role in combat operations:
- Inspecting vehicle undercarriages
- Clearing rooms, buildings, rooftops and walled compounds
- Conducting quick reconnaissanc of culverts, bunkers and caves
- Remotely observing an outdoor environment such as a pathway
- Evaluating suspected IEDs
Throwbot XTs may be specified in any of three transmitting frequencies, allowing warfighters to operate up to three robots in the same environment at the same time.