The Throwbot® XT and the other Recon Scout robots enhance effectiveness and protect police and warfighters without materially increasing the burden on them.
Weighing just 1.2 lbs, the Throwbot XT can be thrown into any environment, day or night, to provide police and warfighters with immediate situational awareness. By transmitting real-time video and audio reconnaissance to the Operator Control Unit, the Throwbot XT can be used to quickly identify hidden threats, keeping operators and innocent civilians safe in otherwise dangerous situations. These stealthy reconnaissance robots can be thrown up to 120 feet (36m) and play a critical role in both SWAT and combat operations such as :
- Clearing rooms, buildings, rooftops and walled compounds
- Inspecting vehicle undercarriages
- Conducting quick reconnaissance of culverts, bunkers and caves
- Remotely observing an outdoor environment such as a pathway
- Evaluating suspected IEDs and bombs
Throwbot XTs may be specified in any of three transmitting frequencies, allowing police and warfighters to operate up to three robots in the same environment at the same time.